ShareThis

About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Bread OUR DAILY BREAD

Bread Several years ago when I was living in suburbia and was an at home Mom (there were lots of us in the neighborhood), I purchased a breadmaker. It was a novelty at the time and everyone else in the neighborhood had one. The bread recipe called for skim milk powder. I had never used skim milk powder before but I picked up a bag next time I went shopping. Well, that bag went a long way since I only used one tablespoon per loaf.

Bread One day I thought, “Look how many trips to the store I’m saving myself to buy a loaf of bread because I can make a loaf whenever necessary.” Bread is something I always ran out of and had to make a special trip to the store for.

Bread Then one day I ran out of milk and realized I could use that skim milk powder and save that trip to the store until grocery day. I didn’t particularly like the taste but in coffee and for the kid’s cereal it was a great idea.

Bread Now I realize I didn’t really need that second car because, after all, I used it a lot for trips to the store to pick up bread and milk when I ran out. I could have called a taxi for those necessary trips to the Doctor’s Office, etc, etc., and there would have still been a savings since I didn’t have to pay for insurance, gas, maintenance and let’s not forget depreciation on the vehicle.

Bread My mother didn’t have a car. She didn’t even have a drivers’ license. Wow! She really was good at economizing. Think of all the money I could have saved! Why did we have that second car? Well, we lived in suburbia and everyone else had two cars.

Bread What a difference a breadmaker can make to a person’s life!

No comments:

Blog Archive