ShareThis

About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Saturday, March 3, 2007

MY SPEEDING TICKET

Sheriff


Last week, while speeding, I was stopped by the Police and she was so kind to notice, in addition to my speeding, that I didn’t have a 2008 sticker on my plate and I was fined $110 on top of my speeding ticket.

I would like to bring to the Ministry’s attention that I prepaid for two years and did not receive a new sticker in the mail, nor did I receive any notice that I was to renew the sticker in January. They must be having problems keeping track of this option to renew bi-annually.

Unfortunately, I now have a ticket for $110.00 and, to avoid additional charges, have renewed my license sticker for another $74.00. To think that the fine for not having one is more than the cost of the sticker! I don’t think this is fair that I should have to pay this additional expense since this was their error and I sent this as an e-mail and I will send a letter by mail to The Ministry office to try to rectify this situation. It’s ironic that at this time, this is an unaffordable expense for me since I have been unable to find work for five (5) years and I am employed on a temporary basis off and on earning a mere pittance, and, on the day I was issued this ticket, it cost me more to go to work than what I earned that day.

I also think that this method of issuing these stickers is archaic! Let’s not forget this is “The Age of Technology” and we now have space stations in outer space. After all, what is $74.00 a year? A mere pittance if you think about it. Can’t this charge be absorbed through all those taxes we pay for gas? I can’t imagine that it even covers the expenses of staffing, leasing, furnishing, producing the sticker, designing and supplying all those forms required to get the finished product. I think this is just a way of complicating our lives every year as we stand in the line up to get these stickers and giving us one more burden and timeline to meet.


Is this sticker really necessary? Can’t we find a better way?

Policeman

No comments:

Blog Archive